Monday, August 14, 2006

1500km on the road

Oh my dear Blogg. I missed it so much (not really!). Aaah cut the crap it’s not the case. I was again on the road for over a week and I loved it. I have visited 3 different locations in the country within the last ten days. I even wonder how that happened since some was quite sudden.

4th to 5th I went to Knuckles range as planned via Mathale , Ratthota and that was a nice journey. The climate was good and the place too. Managed to gather some heavy photographs since I started working on RAW format for the first time. Covered one mountain trail with some effort and the mini worlds end too.

6th to 9th I was in Mahiyanganaya, Dambana area. There were 2 reasons to visit and both were official. The community project I’am working on at a school at Mahiyanganaya has still more to finish and secondly my company was planning to do some donations to the first and only Aborigines museum at Dambana. It was a fresh and an interesting experience the visit the Weddas and to learn a bit of the tribe and there community. The climate there was really bad since September is one of the driest months at the dry country. The burning heat was some times a real killer.

11th to 13th I was in Nuwaraeliya !!! Ya after the bloody hot dry climate of Mahiyangana 48 hours later I was wearing a rain coat and winter cap with fully covered glows. My girl and her causing wanted to get away for a long time now and it suddenly happened on that day. So I was almost like the tour guide arranging the lodging, transport and the places to visit.

So after all those traveling I feel like I’am half shrunk or some thing. I have covered over 1500km in all kinds of roads straight and bended and I feel like I need a break now. I have nearly 1000 photographs in my pc to work on and phew those are quite huge numbers for me.

No comments: