Friday, September 22, 2006

"Apollo" chapter- Days of pain.

Just as planned and expected I visited Kanneliya rain forest on 8th September. The place is just amazing and was able to boost my interest big time in every way. The forest was amazing the waterfalls were elegant and top of that the lodging place was cozy and well maintained. To my bad luck the whole area got soaked few times a day with heavy rains which I must say that is bigger than cats and dogs. Due to that I had to leave my beloved camera equipments at the lodge and do the trekking with hopes of coming back again on some other day. We chose a 12km trek which covered 2 main waterfalls and some other interesting trees and places.

The fun turned in to pain the night before the day which I was scheduled return. The spine injury which I had mildly for few years has given me so much trouble that night and I landed in “Apollo” hospital the very next day straight from the jungle. I had to be there for 8 days before I recovered enough to walk and go home after days of bed rest and hours of physiotherapy. Doctors identified it as lumber disk prolapsed or commonly known as slip disk. So I’am being very careful at the moment. No gym, no long hours traveling, no trekking for some time. I perfectly know that the start of this problem was a workout injury which happened 3 years back while I was doing heavy weight training. “SO MY ONE AND ONLY WARNING FOR YOU GUYS WHO LIFT WEIGHTS IS - WEAR THE SAFETY BELT “.I was stupid enough to neglect it and here I’am today. I was lucky enough to restart my system and will recover completely in due course but for some it may not. So keep that in mind.

Oh by the way here is how the thing illustrated by some one I don’t know who.


No comments: