Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Dreams come and go

From my childhood I had one dream. All my other dreams and ambitions were around that key dream which I strived and achieve few years ago. That was independence. The freedom to live alone and to live the way I wanted to. Parent’s yes they have done a lot for me and my success but there were times I wanted to run away and hide some where and never return. Life at home was like that. They loved me, gave me what I wanted even though its was hard for them, yet I wanted more and more. And here I’am today living in my own place far away from the family and earning a decent living which can full fill most of my needs. I have to admit I have life almost half of my average life span If I’am fortunate enough to live the average life span of a Sri Lankan. So I should have being really ashamed If I was not independent now.

Finding love was not an ambition for me but it was just a normal thing that I wanted to do since that’s the nature of all humans. Even in that I have succeeded few times yet didn’t had the need and the courage to hang on and failed intentionally and at times miserably. Girls came and went just like the rainy seasons and some went after fulfilling its purpose and some left inviting times of drought. Momentary satisfaction was just a need and long term relationships were just a fake after all.

And few years back she came my way. Things started to change and mostly some things I thought that will never in this life time. I used to think that this is also going to become just another rainy season but it turned out to be a summer which I wish that will last a life time. She was a morning sun light after a long dark night and a storm some times which destroyed my ego and carried away my neutral habits. So my empty space is filled now and my life long achieved dream of Independence is yet again to be destroyed. It’s for the better or worse I’ll let my destiny to decide. What ever it is I’am geared up for it.

2 comments:

~ lo$t $oul ~ said...

ah so u did fall for the ego shattering grl who came by ah?? how how do we so fall for that, whts so special about them.. im just lost about it man....

Unknown said...

yeah man even I cant believe that this is happening to me. Just as every individual I dont want my life to change the loved stuff to be taken away. But there is a journey which needs to be taken.